Savvy buyers are quickly realising the FREE $25K government grant on brand new house and land packages in Brisbane is a once in a lifetime opportunity, and they’re snapping it up before time runs out. Here’s how you can get in on the action.
What’s up for grabs, and how can you get it?
The recent HomeBuilders grant was introduced to stimulate the construction industry during the Covid-19 downturn. It’s a hot-off-the-press offer that smart buyers are quickly realising makes it even easier to move into a new home, or take their first step into the property market.
What does it mean for you? Firstly, if you’re looking for a new home, a turnkey house and land package is a perfect choice because that’s how you unlock the Homebuilders $25K cash bonus from the federal government.
This is how the HomeBuilders grant works:
- The grant is only available to homeowners building a house from scratch, or conducting major renovations of over $150,000
- The total value of the property can’t exceed $750,000
- You must be planning to live in the home after you build it
- You must sign the contract for the package prior to December 31, 2020, and start construction within three months
- Your income must be less than $125,000 per annum as an individual, or $200,000 for couples
If you tick the boxes, and you’ve been thinking about a new home, this season is absolutely the most profitable time to do it. If you’re able to bolt on the First Homebuyers Grant of $15,000 and take advantage of Transfer Duty concessions (saving you between $7K and $16K for properties under $550,000), you could be saving upwards of $50,000 on your new home.
Why a house and land package in Brisbane works perfectly with the Homebuilder grant
Queensland has some of the best government grants on offer, and there’s few places better to live than Brisbane and its surrounding suburbs.
Building a new property also gives you plenty of options to choose a home that suits you and your family perfectly, in a highly desirable location with new amenities.
On top of that, the process to build a new house and land package is surprisingly straightforward, and affordable:
- The start-to-finish process is simple when you use a reputable company to oversee the finances, construction and finalisation of the build. It’s much easier than buying land and organising an architect, builder and finances, and managing a construction timeline on your own.
- The final price is clear and upfront, especially if you use a company with a fixed price guarantee.
- New homes are brand new, untouched, and absolutely divine to move into. You can choose your own fittings and furnishings, or let the in-house team put it together for you. You can be as hands-on or hands-off as you like.
- Brand new house and land packages in cities like Brisbane are typically built in stunning, family-friendly, lifestyle-oriented communities with plenty of modern bells and whistles.
- When built as a house and land package, the process from start to finish is taken care of, and you’re handed the key on move-in day.
How do you get the $25K as part of a house and land package?
As long as you tick the eligibility criteria, you can apply for the grant via the Qld Government website. Your property agency may be able to help you through the process. While some details are still being fine-tuned, the federal Government has stated the cash grant will be paid to you, likely during the construction process.
Yes, that’s right, $25,000 paid to you to build your dream home, which is why now is the time if you’ve been on the fence about a new house and land package. If you’re looking in the Brisbane area, we can help you find your ideal location and home to suit.
Using a property agency to find your Brisbane-based house and land package
We specialise in lifestyle properties in and around the Brisbane region, and we’d love to connect you with your brand new home.
We take care of all the details, including the HomeBuilders grant, so the process is smooth and seamless until the day you hold the key in your hand.
To find out more about the stunning house and land packages we have available in Brisbane, you can browse through our selection of homes at your leisure.
Of course, sooner is better to talk to our team about how we can help, before the clock runs out on the HomeBuilder grant.